Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dukkah Roasted Chicken with Tahini Yogurt

Would you rather have a live-in massage therapist, or a live-in chef, or a live-in cleaner? I'm quite happy to do my own cooking. But cleaning--oh yes! I would rather leave that to someone else. And a live-in masseuse! Wow, wouldn't that be amazing?

There is a little shopfront near me that does neck and shoulder massage while you sit (face forward) in a chair. I have bought a little package of time that I can redeem in 15 minute blocks. After work from time to time I wander over and get 30 minutes of neck and shoulder rubbing. It is amazing. After my first visit, the therapist struggled with my tense muscles. She said, "You should come back again next week." I giggled. Sign me right up.


I find cooking to be something that also relaxes me. (Especially when there is someone else to clean up; haha!) The vast majority of the time I enjoy the chance to think creatively and try something new. Cooking is so different from my day job (as a mathematics teacher) that I feel as though I can think in a different way when I'm doing it. I'm not naturally creative, though, so I frequently use a well-constructed recipe.

This dukkah-roasted chicken is the happy product of an enjoyable evening spent in the kitchen. Here's the recipe, which was chosen by Gaye of Laws of the Kitchen. Dukkah is an Egyptian seasoning made with pistachios, cumin, and coriander seeds.

Looking for other ways to use dukkah? Try these ideas:

This dish is part of our Wednesdays with Donna Hay blogging group. If you want to join us, next week we are making white fish with pine nut brown butter from New Food Fast. You are welcome to join us; no long term commitment is required. Visit the others in my blogging group to see if they liked the recipe.

Would you rather have a live-in massage therapist, or a live-in chef, or a live-in cleaner?

Connect with Simply Cooked on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SimplyCooked

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails